Our client is a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. They are part of investment company from the United Arab Emirates and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. They operate from more than 20 strategic locations in 12 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus.
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced Customer Service Representatives and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with
the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Carrier Manager you are responsible for managing and developing hauliers within the Freight Management Division
Other key responsibilities include:
- Implement and deliver the Carrier Management Strategy and the agreed Carrier Management Plan;
- Manage and review suppliers performance in terms of Safety, Service and Cost;
- Develop current suppliers and company-wide agreements with carriers, delivering benefit (safety, service, capacity and cost) overall to the organization;
- Negotiate with existing and new suppliers on rate agreements and volume allocations, in line with market changes;
- Support General Managers, Office Managers, Planners and Country carrier managers with managing, training, negotiating with suppliers;
- Understand the haulage market: Be informed of and manage changes in the market with the suppliers (Ferry price changes; Fuel price changes; Government Tax and Tolls; Currency changes). Inform the business of such changes and potential impacts and solutions;
- Market intelligence, market rates and benchmarking: understand market rates and how these compare to current purchase rates;
- Assist in the delivery of the company procedures and systems with the haulier base:
o Haulier approval
o Fr8sense Web-portal
o Order Allocation Project
- Project Manager Carrier Management Improvement activities and opportunities;
o Manage mini-projects to achieve Carrier Management and Contract Logistics Improvements;
o Projects will include:-
Office / contract / business / trade lane / flow Improvement (No touch, Fr8sense, Haulier Allocation)
New Business (pricing, haulier identification, onboarding, embedding and go-live)
As Carrier Manager you take responsibility and ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills, together with strong customer orientation and a commercial drive.
• Are educated to a minimum of HBO level or equivalent (preferably in logistics);
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience in freight management / transportation management / carrier management;
• Have good command of Dutch and English language;
• Are used to working with Microsoft Office packages.
Besides that you are also:
• Strong analytical;
• Process driven and solution focused in relation to the daily problems;
• Hands on;
• Able to recognize problems and take direct action to solve them;
• Stress resistant;
• Able to manage a political environment;
• Result driven;
• Flexible attitude.